Monday, May 28, 2012

My meaning of life

I think I finally got it.

I don't think everyone really gives the meaning of life too much thought. If we all did, everyone would just be gluttonous hedonistic wretches, it would be Greek gods all over the place seeking pleasure and avoiding pain. But instead, we work, we educate ourselves, we delay pleasure and work to provide ourselves with a break. My job, it seems, is to work so that others can be blissfully unaware of how shitty life is. I should suffer quietly so that I don't take away precious moments of pleasure from others. So I work at a job that I lovehate so that the children for whom I work will have the potential for a better, more pleasure-filled life. I smile through tears so that other people around me don't know the extent to which I am suffering inside, and therefore they can be happy. This is the part I need to work on, however, because I am not as good as I would like to think at hiding my feelings; heart on my sleeve and all that. So my journey is in suffering to promote health and wellness and general subjective well being in others. I can get down with that I guess, but I hope that eventually my pain will soften and I will be able to feel that hearty warmth in my heart again. Love. It's all I want, it's all I live for.
That is the meaning of life.
Love.

So tell me what to do when the meaning of life is taken away. Someone? Anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment